My New Job

So after having to quit my job in January (more on that in another post?) I was pretty down...I loved my job as a dance teacher and I still hope to be able to teach in the future. But jobs locally in that field are pretty hard to come by sometimes, so I spent the entire summer looking for something that would be reliable and have the hours I wanted.

I instantly ruled out retail and waitressing (making the pickings pretty slim...)

I applied at the local library (5 minutes from my house!) and was hired!! I was so excited. 

As I'm sure you know, I LOVE books. I love to be around them, I love the way they smell, I love to read them, I love to hold them...

Okay, this just got awkward...

Anyway, I started working on October 1st and I have to say I am really happy. My hours are perfect, I don't work weekends or holidays and everybody who works there is really nice. I feel so blessed and grateful to have been given this job and this opportunity. 

As a side note, working at a library just makes my want to write.

I've always loved creative writing...well, any kind of writing really. I'v written poems, short stories, long stories...and I desperately hope one day to be able to call myself an author.

If anything, working at the library has fueled this desire and turned it into a real, tangible, dream.

Until then, I will start to put lots of effort into my writing. I have two ideas for books and I believe that if I put the time and effort into, could really become something.

I guess we'll see!!

Reply to this post

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover