I'm pretty sure it's no surprise by now that I love So You Think You Can Dance….
being a dancer myself, I love to watch dance finally get it's own TV show, where amazing choreographers, dancers, and other people in the business can be seen and recognized as the amazing artists they are.

There are two videos I'd like to share with you, but embedding for these videos was disabled, so you have to travel to YouTube to view them.

The first is a hip-hop routine by Tabitha and Napoleon danced by Alex Wong (who, shortly after this routine pulled his achilles and was unable to dance the rest of the season) and Twitch, who I've also posted about, here.

But before you watch it, you need a little background on Alex Wong….he's a ballet dancer. He's amazing. And he successfully (well actually more than successfully) does what every ballet dancer fears most…he's makes hip-hop look like his first style.

Check it out.

The second video is Ellen Degeneres doing Alex's part in the hip-hop dance as a tribute to Alex in the finale, after he got injured and couldn't dance.

I don't know whether I should say that it's good or funny. It's kind of both. Ellen does an awesome job considering she's not a dancer. (Although she does do a lot of dancing on her show…)

Check it out here.

Let me know what you think!

Reply to this post

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover